Tuesday 2 July 2013

Do Me A Favour!!!

Do Me A Favour!!!

Jonah found favour with the Lord deep in the belly of a whale (Jonah 2:1-3). Despite all his efforts to disobey Gods command and run away from the work of The Lord, he found favour with The Lord. He was sinking, his life was ebbing away and he had nowhere to turn but in the depths of his situation he called on God and God heard him (Jonah 2:7).

Joseph was falsely accused of a crime he didn’t commit.  He fell foul to the trickery of a woman scorned (Genesis 39:11-20) and was placed in prison by his master but God was with him and favoured him (Genesis 39: 21-23).

God showed favour to both Jonah and Joseph in situations which should have ended their lives but God heard their plea, their cry onto Him. He saw neither their outward appearances nor their circumstances but He looked at their heart and favoured them. God is a God of favour but you will have to seek Him for Him to be found by you (Isaiah 55:6) and you will have to earn His favour.

The Bible teaches us that in all things we are to get wisdom. Wisdom gives us a greater understanding of Gods’ word and enables us to tap into His plan and purpose for us and His word tells us what His plan is for us; to prosper us (Jeremiah 29:11), therefore He will favour us no mater our situation or circumstance. He has gone ahead and favoured your future but you will have to seek Him to get His favour. Favour isn’t fair and when God favours you it will make people hate on you. People will not understand what they see. People who want to say no to you will find themselves saying yes. You will plant in one place but reap in another. Gods’ favour will put you into positions you didn’t even know exist. You will lose the job you worked so hard to keep and find yourself in an even better one; you will lose relationships which you thought you couldn’t survive without but God will favour you with an even better more fulfilling one (Proverbs 18:22). When you walk in Gods’ favour He will restore everything the enemy took from you. You will experience great victories during greater odds. Your battles will be fought and won on your behalf. Your pleas and cries are more likely to be granted (Esther 7:3).

However His favour will sometimes close doors which you would like opened. You may pray for a financial downpour; you may pray for a specific job; a home, a wife/husband and not get those things. Not all doors are meant to be opened to you. Too many open doors causes confusion and God is not a God of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33). Gods plan is to prosper you and sometimes the doors you want opened will not be prosperous so He will not open them. Your prayer should be that He keeps closed the doors that are not meant to be opened to you; thank Him for keeping them closed.  What we want is not always what we need but Gods favour will give us only the things we need. He knows what is best for us. 

He does not look at your circumstance and situation for Him to bless and favour you. He will favour you inspite of your situation, inspite of your disobedience. Even as a thief and a robber (Luke 19: 2,5-10); a murderer (Exodus 2:11-14) and a liar (Genesis 20:2) He will favour you because He is God and can choose who to favour and when to favour. He is God all by himself.

God favoured me during my disobedience. As a youth through to a young man I lived a life which the world showed me; a life that was not of God; A life which did not deserve Gods’ favour but He looked beyond my outer being and saw the man behind the mask; He saw my heart and favoured me. He brought me out of the darkness of the world and into His light. He favoured me whilst I was still in the darkness and deep in sin.  He called me but I had to seek Him and He was found by me and He blessed and favoured me. He chose me in advance and inspite of me, inspite of my sins, inspite of my circumstances, He favoured me. Each time I stepped out He went ahead and favoured me. Even in my job, He was ahead of me. He had a plan for me and no matter what I did, His plan remained. He favoured me with a business and inspite of me seeking alternative employment, His favour was on me. I recall saying to my pastor, “I can smell my promise land but I just can’t see it yet.” Today I can testify of his goodness and favour in my personal life, in my work life, in my spiritual life and in all that I do. I continually seek Him and He is continually found by me.

His word teaches us to seek and we shall find, knock and the door will be opened (Matthew 7:7). Anything of value will have to be pursued. Success does not come by just waiting for it to drop into your lap. You will have to pursue it, work at getting it; be persistent in your quest for it....pursue God; pursue His favour...be persistent in your pursuit. He is searching His Kingdom for those who worship Him in truth and in spirit (John 4:23-24). He wants to bless and favour you.

Be persistent.  God will do you a favour!

No comments: