Saturday 9 February 2013

The Power In Thank You

The Power In Thank You

We dream small dreams because of lack of faith.  What you make provision for is what will happen.  Though in the natural things don't look great, keep standing on your faith.  Be careful not to plan too small, it will stifle what Gods got for you but don't make a plan that you've not involved God in. When your plans are too small God won't bless it. You're disappointed because you didn't get what you wanted but God didn't plan that for you. He has big plans for you. When you desire something but go for something smaller God won't open that door for you. Joshua's capability was not to walk through the water but he had to; Peters capability was not to walk on water but he was able to (Matthew 14:22-33 Then Peter got down out of the boat and walked on the water and came toward Jesus); it was what God had planned for them. The circumstances around you will try to dictate your dreams/desires but God is in control. When you dream inside of your capabilities you are limited, you should dream outside of your capabilities. You got to where you are by the grace of God and not by your own strength.  Despite you being on the back of a mountain, your upbringing or where you are, God can give you what you can dream for; He will give you the desires of your heart according to His will but you must have Him at the centre. Keep Him in the centre by thanking Him for what you've got. Him being in the centre means not asking but thanking Him. Saying thank you is such a powerful thing. Thank you Lord for waking me up, for the air I breath, for the steps I take and the food I've eaten. Have an attitude of gratitude. Your thanksgiving prayer is bigger than your asking prayer.

I remember being in my bedroom feeling alone and going through some painful stuff, I was under attack but I got on my knees and just started thanking God. I didn't know what I was thanking Him for but I knew He went ahead, that He's the Author and the Finisher. That He called me out to carry me through. I know the plans He had for me and if I seek Him He would be found by me. I laid on my bed and said Lord I need to feel your presence and in that moment I felt Gods arms around me; I actually physically felt arms around me. 

Your situation is so jacked up that you don't know where to begin praying. That's when you bow down and worship Him, that's when He moves (John 4:22 Worship in spirit and truth).  In my experience those prayers of thank you breaks barriers. There is so much to thank Him for that you just need to stop and thank Him.

God sees your struggles, insecurities, pain, tears that have not even come out yet, they're in your heart but God sees them and is working it through. He's unpacked it, laid it out and is putting it back together making sure each bit fits. He's got you at the potter's wheel (Jeremiah 18:3 So I went down to the potters house and I saw him working at the wheel); It doesn't look like much now, but He is forming you. What you see may be just a lump of rock but that's how diamonds start. What God does with people is like that lump of rock. When you're building a house you will need the best material you have to cut the rough edges out. All the great beautiful buildings didn't just appear beautiful, the rough edges had to be cut out.  
Keep God at your centre but it starts with thanksgiving. Surrender your day, week, month, year and lifetime to Him. Let Him have His will and way.  Lord strengthen me in my weak areas. Lift me up when I fall. Give me discernment to see the things I can't see and know the things I don't know; the things the enemy will bring to me.  Lord I surrender all of me to you because I don't want to fight these things on my own so am giving it all to You. Guide me Lord. Help me to be a good steward of the things You give to me. Let my desires for the things I want not go ahead of Your will.  Let me wait on You Lord. Take possession of my tomorrow.  Our tomorrows are what we dream/think about. Our desires are in tomorrow not yesterday so let go of the past and look forward to tomorrow (Isaiah 43:18 Forget the former things. don't dwell on the past).

What moves God is taking the time to talk to and about Him; to lift Him up; to acknowledge Him as Sovereign in your life. When you thank Him for what He's done, is doing and is going to do it moves Him. Look back and see what you've received and measure what you've given against what you've received. God's already got your house built waiting for you but He's looking for you to build His kingdom because He loves you (Matthew 6:33 Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you). He knows you love Him before you know you love Him. God is previous.  Gods' ways are not our ways.  He is and has your portion.  He is ours and we are His.  He belongs to us and we belong to Him so He is our portion. He has the power to save and preserve. We can't preserve or save ourselves.  Getting saved is one thing, staying saved is another thing.  It's like being married or getting the job, being promoted or being elected. God came and saved us from ourselves. In His grace and mercy He saved and preserved us. He is I Am (Exodus 3:1 God said to Moses "I Am who I Am") - He is all that you need.  He is our Saviour, Redeemer, Provider and Sustainer. He is I Am. Our salvation is totally dependent on God. Through God we are kept and keep what He's blessed us with. Job was stripped of all he had but he kept God at the centre and he was blessed and received twice what he had before. God preserved him (Book of Job).

When I got saved I had everything but I lost almost everything; through it all God preserved me, prepared me and propelled me. While He was preserving me He was placing the seed for growth in me.  He dropped some stuff on me for the future.  What you're hearing now is the growth from the seed that was sown over a period of time.  He saved, preserved, prepared and is now propelling me. Setbacks became setups for comebacks.  

A bow and an arrow is what the Red Indians used to fight the Anglo Americans. You have to put the arrow in and pull the bow back. The bow has to come under a certain amount of pressure and while that is happening the arrow is getting into position.  We must look at ourselves as bow and arrows.  Sometimes God has to put us under some pressure so our arrows can be released.  No matter how good we are, unless God puts us under some pressure what's in us can't come out. There's nothing in us that He doesn't know about.  He placed it there and strengthens us for when the time is right for it to come out.  He that began a good work in us...(Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus).  He's gone to this much trouble to save you why would He give up on you?  He will be with you till the very end but you will have to allow Him.  If you abide in Me and Me in you, you can ask anything in My name (John 15:7 If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you).  It doesn't matter what the world says He will sustain you to the end.  The world will make you thirsty but God will give you water from the Everlasting Fountain of Life (John 7:37 If anyone is thirsty let him come to Me and drink)......Thank you Lord

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let my will be done and not yours let all things come to past in my name.
For I am the saviour,i am lord of all you see and do, there is nothing that I have not ordained or predestined,if you have no trials or tribulations how can I humble you, how will you leave all the worldly things, how can i make you see a future or a vision before its even began. Do you believe that in your darkest hour i would ever fail you, no, for i will never forsake you, nor will i ever leave you,what you thought was for you i did not so i never let it come against you to destroy you, for i have had my hand on your life way back then when you knew nothing about me, i watched your walk, i watched you fall and i waited and picked you up and i carried you not for a minute, not for a hour but for always, and when you felt alone i surrounded you with my love, grace and mercy. You are redeemed , you are restored, you are made whole, you are a magnificent man of god, and all that know you and your word will be blessed by you.

Anonymous said...

Once again an excellent blogg from the pen of Carl. How true that thanksgiving is a powerful tool. Especially when we r placed on that bow and pulled back ( under presure ). Especially when like that clay we r on that potters wheel going round. Especially when the hammer and chisel is out. Thanksgiving in those times are crucial. Thankyou brother. You have strengthen me again. Pastor jerry